|Sr . No.||Month and Year||Content|
|2||Feb-18||HSF Oxford ILP + Masterclass by Dr. Federico Lupo Pasini
1. HSF Oxford ILP, 2018:
SLS-P hosted the prestigious Herbert Smith Freehills (HSF) - Oxford International Lecture Programme, 2018 (HSF-Oxford ILP) from 5th-9th February, 2018. Dr. Chris Parsons, Chairman, India Practice, Herbert Smith Freehills, London introduced the HSF-Oxford ILP to the participants. in the next four days, he explained the stages and contractual clauses of a transaction and negotiation skills with the help of the Zentac transaction and Lucy Kohl case study.
Prof. Endicott spoke on great Constitutional Law cases: Rahmatullah v. Secretary of State for Defence, a landmark decision on the principle of Habeas Corpus; Entinck v. Carrington, a landmark decision on the rule of law; Hirst v. United Kingdom, a landmark decision on human rights; R (Miller) v. Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union, a landmark decision on Brexit on 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th day respectively
2. Dr. Federico Lupo Pasini, School of Law - Lecturer, Queen's University, Belfast conducted a masterclass for the students pursuing the certificate programme in European Union Legal Studies on 19th February 2018. The topic was "The implications of Brexit from the perspective of international business law"
1. SICTA: Chief Guest; Professor (Dr.) Siobhan Mullally, Vice Head, University of Business and Law, University College Cork, Ireland, Commissioner, Irish Human Rights and Equality Commission and Council of Europe Expert Committee. Guest of Honour; Amb. (Dr.) Gudmunder Eiriksson, Executive Director & Professor, Jindal Global Law School, Sonipat, Former Ambassador of Iceland.
2. Dr. Siobhan Mullaly conducted FDP on 'Council of Europe: Human Rights monitoring on Trafficking of Human Beings' on 26/04/2018. She conducted guest lectures on Human Trafficking related topics for UG students and also conducted a Dissertation camp for LL. M. students
3. Dr. Ratna Kapoor conducted a lecture (on 12/3/2018) on European Court of Human Rights: Secularism and the Legal Challenges to the Islamic Veil Bans along with a dissertation camp for LL.M. students.
4. Ms. Susanne Schuster, Research Assistant, Berlin School of Economics and Law delivered lectures between 12th-15th March to the students of EULS and Spring School on EU Law Practice on the topic of 'EU and Human Rights: European Convention on Human Rights and the role of the European Court of Human Rights' and 'The Prohibition of Torture, Inhuman and Degrading Treatment and Punishment with reference to the European Union'
|4||Apr-18||Visits of Prof. John Von Doren and Dr. Henrico Radley
Visits of Prof. John Von Doren and Dr. Henrico Radley
Professor John Von Doren, Professor Emeritus, Law, Florida State University visited symbiosis law School Pune in the month of April. He conducted the following:
1. Guest Lecture for 2nd year LL. B. and LL.M. students on the topic 'US Separation of Powers: Myth and Reality?' on 5th April, 2018
2. Camping session (Discussion regarding Research Projects & Dissertations) for LL.M. students on 6th April, 2018.
Dr. Henrico Radley, Senior Lecturer, Public and Procedural Law, Faculty of Law, University Of Johannesburg, Advocate of The High Court of South Africa visited SLSP between 30th March - 6th April, 2018. He conducted various guest lectures for students of BA/BBA LL.B, LL.B and LL.M. He also conducted an Dissertation camp for LL.M. students. Dr. Radley also conducted a Faculty Development Program on the topic "Understanding the concept of 'religion' within the constitutional guarantee of religious freedom" on 2nd April 20178.
|6||Jun-18||Arrival of Prof. Lindsay Trotman - Scholar in Residence
Prof. Lindsay Trotman arrived at Symbiosis law School Pune on 21st June 2018.
He will be the Scholar in Residence from 21st June till 5th September 2018. During this time he will be undertaking Research and Editorial Board work, Faculty Development Programs and Guest lectures for students.
|7||Jul-18||Faculty Development Programe + Joint Lecture
1. Faculty Development program:
An FDP was conducted on 3rd july 2018 on the topic 'The statutory prohibition on misleading or deceptive conduct in trade in New Zealand and Australia. The resource person was Mr. Lindsay Trotman, Scholar in residence at SLS-P.
2. Joint Lecture:
Prof. Lindsay Trottman conducted a joint lecture along with Prof. Semanti Choudhary for LLM students on 25th July, 2018. The topic of the lecture was 'Formation of a Compay: Comparison between New Zealand and India'